The VS Range of table top lidding machines are manufactured by Mantle Packaging Machinery Ltd. They have been designed specifically for use with heat sealable food trays and sandwich wedges. These stainless steel machines feature either fixed or adjustable temperature control, Teflon coated non stick sealing plate, twin roll film supports with guide rings and twin gas spring head lift.
There are 2 models available:-
VS300 Standard Dial: Maximum Tray Size:- 190 x 250mm
VS300DT Digital Control: Maximum Tray Size:- 190 x 250mm
*Please note that Smoothwall Foil Trays can only be sealed on the VS300DT Digital Lidder*
VS Range for For Sealing Trays
The VS range is perfect for sealing Lidding Film to suitable trays and is supplied with a die plate custom made for the tray to be sealed, with additional die plates available upon request. The trays are sealed with either a peelable film or a sealable (welded) film. The machines will work with all types of sealable food trays and films up to a maximum width of 190mm.
VS Range For Sealing Cardboard Sandwich Wedges
The VS range is perfect for sealing Cardboard Sandwich Wedges, the machine is supplied with a die plate custom made for the wedge to be sealed, with additional die plates available upon request.
Please note the following:-
- VS300/VS300DT Die Plates will have 2 cavities for sealing 2 sandwich wedges per cycle
The machine is switched on and the required temperature set, when the temperature has been reached, the film which is mounted at the back of the machine on two support rollers is pulled over the top of the tray to be sealed which had been placed in the die plate. The sealing head is then lowered by hand and pressed down to seal the film to the tray, at the same time the film is cut from the main roll. The sealing head is then raised to the open position and the tray removed.
The VS type of tray sealing machine installations are typically found in supermarkets, local butchers and grocers shops producing ready meals, fresh and cooked meats, fish and vegetables.
- VS300 – Standard Dial or Digital Control models available
- Teflon coated sealing plate
- Stainless steel fabrication
- Twin reel film supports
- Quick change die plates (no tools required)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I seal more than one tray size on this machine? Yes, the Die Plates are interchangeable so there is no limit to the number of tray sizes you can seal.
- Can I seal multiple trays at the same time on this machine? No, this machine will only seal one tray per cycle, it isn’t suitable for sealing multiple trays at the same time as it does not offer Profile Cut. It has 1 concealed straight cut off knife blade at the back of the machine to cut the film from the roll when the sealing head is closed.
- Can I buy my trays from you too? Yes we offer a wide range of trays and film to suit most food products, please click here to see our range.
- What is the difference between a VS300 and VS300DT?
The VS300 is our standard model, it comes with a temperature control dial with settings of 1-5, and a 300 watt element. This machine is suitable for sealing all tray types with the exception of Smoothwall Foil.
The VS300DT has a Digital Temperature Control allowing you to set a precise sealing temperature, and comes with a 350 watt element which is required for sealing Smoothwall Foil trays.
All of our own range machinery is Made in Britain